Broadcasters always need to manage their produced media files in a digital media asset management system in order to be easily and quickly found and be used for future purposes. This system must be accessible from all computers connected to the local network and referring to resources should not be restricted to a special period of time. SAMA Archive offers these features of media archive system.
Storage devices are improving every day and cheaper digital storages with more capacity can unlimitedly be used in an organization to avoid filling the limited expensive storages and it even reduces the use of central storages massively.
SAMA Archive offers all aspects of a media archive system. After ingesting the resources, using SABA Ingest or any other Ingest tool, details and metadata can be semi-automatically or manually inserted into archive. It properly supports different levels of hierarchical storage management (HSM).
Features and facilities:
- Supporting different media types (video, audio, photo)
- Connected to SAMA Backup
- Automatic batch capture of analog media to be used in Archive system
- Simultaneous various format support for different uses
- HSM: Hierarchical storage management
- Defining different access levels for users
- Supporting several archives at the same time
- Dynamic extendable criteria fields
- Integrated with other SAAT media productions
- Supporting different formats for preview and broadcast
- XML Export/Import
- Automatic and manual video clip cataloging
- Creating an occasional calendar for automatic retrieving of resources
- Simultaneous access to archive for a large number of users